A TOTAL OF 14,500 individual titles from the Springer eBook EBA (Evidence Based Acquisitions) plan are now discoverable in Library OneSearch.
Like other EBA plans, this method of acquisition enables the library to identify the most popular, widely-used and appropriate titles within a larger collection and purchase those outright at the end of the EBA period, which in this case will run until December 2019.
Access to Springer EBA eBook titles is direct on-campus (although you may occasionally encounter a Single Sign On challenge) and by university username and password from off-campus. Records in Library OneSearch and Library OneSearch Pro have been configured to provide deep-linked title-level authenticated access.
eBooks in the Springer EBA package include the following collections and subject areas:
- Biomedical and life sciences
- Business and management
- Chemistry and materials science
- Computer Science without Lecture Notes
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Earth and Environmental Science
Example titles include:
- The mechanistic benefits of microbial symbionts / edited by C.J. Hurst
- Orthogenesis versus Darwinism / I. Popov
- The future of management education. Volume 2, Differentiation strategies for business schools / edited by S. Dameron and T. Durand
- A sustainable bioeconomy: the green industrial revolution / M. Sillanpää and C. Ncibi
- Introductory computer forensics: a hands-on practical approach / X. Lin