THE LEGACY AND new versions of the RefWorks referencing service will be unavailable for a twelve-hour period from 14:00 on Saturday 22 September.
During that time Legacy RefWorks accounts will be unavailable, as will the connectivity of the Write-N-Cite plug-in. User accounts in the new RefWorks environment may be unavailable for periods, and the RefWorks Citation Manager and RefWorks Google Docs plug-in will also be unavailable.
Maintenance start time: Saturday 22 September 14:00 (UK time)
Maintenance end time: Sunday 23 September 02:00 (UK time)
A scheduled maintenance period for some Proquest products including ProQuest Central, ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global and Refworks is due on Sunday 28 January 2017 between 3:00 and 11:00.
The provider has advised that these platforms will be unavailable during this time.
The technical team at Proquest have now fixed the issues with Refworks and access has been restored.
The Refworks site is currently unavailable. Attempts to log in result in a time out error message.
The technical team at Proquest (the provider) are currently working on a fix for this issue.
ProQuest have just announced a maintenance period for this weekend, to enable the “critical firmware updates” to be installed across its systems infrastructure.
The maintenance period will begin at 22:00 on Saturday 12 March 2016 and end at 03:00 on Sunday 13 March. During this period, the following services will be unavailable:
- All databases on the search.proquest.com platform
- Syndetics (‘Learn more about this book’ service in LOS)
Users attempting to access these products during the downtime will be re-directed to a web page explaining the scheduled maintenance period.
A maintenance upgrade to the main ProQuest infrastructure is scheduled for Sunday 1 March 2015 – starting at 03:00 UK time and lasting until 08:00. During this time, the following services will be unavailable:
- Chadwyck-Healey databases (such as Literature Online)
- LibraryThing for Libraries (which supports the IRep NTU authors showcase)
- ProQuest platform (search.proquest.com) (all 24 databases, including the British Humanities Index, PsycArticles, The Vogue Archive, etc.,)
- ProQuest Syndetic Solutions (which supports the book cover display and the ‘Learn more about this book’ feature in Library OneSearch)
- RefWorks (all RefWorks services)
ProQuest will be carrying out a scheduled upgrade of its online services on Sunday 16 February 2014, with an eight-hour ‘at risk’ period starting (for UK customers) at 03:00, and finishing at 11:00.
During that period access to all databases on the search.proquest.com platform may be unavailable at times or throughout. The affected databases are:
- Applied Social Sciences Index and Abstracts (ASSIA)
- ARTbibliographies Modern (ABM)
- Australian Education Index
- Avery Index to Architectural Periodicals
- British Education Index
- British Humanities Index (BHI)
- British Periodicals (1681 – 1937)
- Design and Applied Arts Index (DAAI)
- Entertainment Industry Magazine Archive
- International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (IBSS)
- MLA International Bibliography
- Periodicals Archive Online
- PILOTS: Published International Literature On Traumatic Stress
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses: UK & Ireland
- Social Services Abstracts
- Sociological Abstracts
- The Vogue Archive
RefWorks will also be affected during the same upgrade period. ProQuest indicate:
During this time period RefWorks users can expect sporadic availability, including short periods of complete downtime. We anticipate that access issues and possible functionality problems will last anywhere from 3 to 15 minutes. If you experience issues with RefWorks during this maintenance window we recommend that you close your browser session, and return to RefWorks at a later time.