TITLES IN THE Bloomsbury Fashion Central collection are now discoverable through Library OneSearch, and the platform itself is accessible through the Find Databases service.
Access to all subscribed content on the platform is direct on-campus and by university username and password off-campus.
For its database entry, the resource is described as follows:
Bloomsbury Fashion Central is a digital hub for interdisciplinary research in fashion and dress. It includes major reference works, articles, eBooks, video content, runway and backstage photos from fashion shows, and tens of thousands of images from museums around the world. There are three resources to explore:
The Berg Fashion Library contains over 100 eBooks, more than 13,000 colour images and other reference works.
This is complemented by the Fairchild Books Library, which includes another 150 eBooks on all aspects of fashion.
Finally, the Fashion Photography Archive covers forty years of contemporary fashion history and contains over 750,000 images.
Sample eBook titles in the collection include the following:
- Hethorn, J and Ulasewicz, C (eds). 2016. Sustainable fashion : what’s next? : a conversation about issues, practices and possibilities. New York: Bloomsbury
- Bendoni, W. 2018. Social media for fashion marketing : storytelling in a digital world. London: Bloomsbury
- Shaw, D and Koumbis, D. 2018. Fashion buying : from trend forecasting to shop floor. London: Bloomsbury
- Coldfelter, R. 2018. Retail buying: from basics to fashion. London: Bloomsbury
- Donnellan, J. 2016. Merchandise buying and management. New York: Bloomsbury