A scheduled system maintenance period for the Box of Broadcasts platform will begin Thursday 13 February 2020 between 06:30 and 08:30. The provider advises that the service should be considered ‘at risk’ during these times.
ACCESS TO THE ProQuest One Literature platform has been enabled today in the Find Databases service.
The resource is described as:
The ProQuest One Literature database brings together contemporary scholarship across the breadth of the literary world. It contains more than 1200 full-text journals, 500,000 primary works, 20,000 historic literary criticism sources, 1300 videos, and 20,000 eBooks. It also provides access to rare and hard-to-find texts by writers from across the world, and guides to authors and to literary movements which explore similarities and differences across topical, societal, historical, philosophical and stylistic categories. Offering access to more than 14,000 dissertations and theses, the database also includes the contents of the Annual Bibliography of English Language and Literature (ABELL).
Access to more than 16,000 separate titles contained within ProQuest One Literature have also been enabled in the SFX (Find It @ NTU) service.
Access to the ProQuest One Literature platform is direct on-campus and by university username and password from off-campus.
THE MLA INTERNATIONAL Bibliography has been withdrawn from the Find Databases service following the conclusion of LLR’s subscription to the resource.
The library’s subscription to LION (Literature Online) is continuing, and is joined from today by a new subscription to the ProQuest One Literature platform.
ACCESS TO THE Mintel market research platform for NTU staff and students has today been migrated to the new Mintel platform.
Access remains direct on-campus and by university username and password from off-campus.
Access URLs have been updated in the Find Databases listing for Mintel; but links to the legacy platform should automatically redirect.
THE FAME DATABASE is now fully available, and is a good resource for detailed financial information on 2 million active UK and Irish public and private companies with information for 5 million inactive companies.
ACCESS TO THE FAME platform currently resolves to a “server error message”. The company assures users that they are working to rectify the issue.
A ROUTINE MAINTENANCE period on the ProQuest platform is scheduled for Sunday 9 February 2020, between 3:00 and 15:00 (UK time).
This means that the following ProQuest databases, eBook platforms and services, to which the library subscribes, will be unavailable throughout the first six hour period, 3:00 to 9:00 (UK time).
And upon completion of the maintenance window, for an additional six hours from 9:00 to 15:00, automatic citation functionality and MyResearch account access will continue to be unavailable:
- Alexander Street Press
- EBook Central
- Syndetics solutions
- All databases on the search.proquest.com platform, namely:
- Academic Video Online
- Applied Social Sciences Index & Abstracts (ASSIA) (1987 – current)
- Art, Design & Architecture Collection (1973 – current)
- Art and Architecture Archive (1895 – 2005)
- Australian Education Index (1977 – current)
- Avery Index to Architectural Periodicals (1934 – current)
- British Periodicals (1681 – 1939)
- Country Life Archive (1897 – 2005)
- Digital National Security Archive
- Entertainment Industry Magazine Archive (1880 – 2000)
- ERIC (1966 – current)
- Humanities Index (1962 – current)
- International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (IBSS) (1951 – current)
- MLA International Bibliography (1926 – current)
- Periodicals Archive Online
- PILOTS: Published International Literature On Traumatic Stress (1871 – current)
- ProQuest Central (1970 – current)
- ABI/INFORM Collection (1971 – current)
- Accounting, Tax & Banking Collection (1971 – current)
- Arts & Humanities Database information
- Asian & European Business Collection (1971 – current)
- Australia & New Zealand Database information
- Biology Database (1998 – current)
- Business Market Research Collection (1986 – current)
- Canadian Business & Current Affairs Database information
- Canadian Newsstream information
- Career & Technical Education Database information
- Computing Database (1998 – current)
- Continental Europe Database information
- Criminal Justice Database (1981 – current)
- East & South Asia Database information
- East Europe, Central Europe Database information
- Education Database (1988 – current)
- Family Health Database information
- Global Breaking Newswires information
- Health & Medical Collection information
- Health Management Database information
- India Database (1998 – current)
- International Newsstream information
- Latin America & Iberia Database information
- Library Science Database (1970 – current)
- Linguistics Database information
- Middle East & Africa Database information
- Military Database information
- Nursing & Allied Health Database information
- Political Science Database (1985 – current)
- Psychology Database information
- Public Health Database information
- Publicly Available Content Database information
- Religion Database (1986 – current)
- Research Library information
- Science Database information
- Social Science Database information
- Sociology Database (1985 – current)
- Telecommunications Database (1995 – current)
- Turkey Database information
- UK & Ireland Database information
- US Newsstream (1980 – current)
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global
- PsycARTICLES (1894 – current)
- PsycINFO (1806 – current)
- Sociological Abstracts (1952 – current)
- Social Services Abstracts (1979 – current)
- Sociological Abstracts (1952 – current)
- Trench Journals and Unit Magazines of the First World War (1914 – 1919)
- The Vogue Archive
- The Women’s Wear Daily Archive